Join us for our upcoming training by Registering.
To receive partial financial support for the training, please apply for a Scholarship.
The next training will be: August 26 & 27, 2017
At the Mentor Training, you will:
- Understand the significance, scope, and limits of your role as mentor
- Develop the skills and attitudes you need to work effectively as a group or individual youth mentor
- Reflect upon your own experiences as a youth, teenager, and youth adult
- Practice deep listening and relationship-building techniques
- Practice a model of communication useful in conflict resolution
- Understand the process of creating a safe youth mentoring circle, including the importance of establishing group guidelines
- Practice leading small- and large-group activities in preparation for circle mentoring
- Build understanding of the needs and qualities of various ages, and learn how adults can best support youth at each age
- Learn to set appropriate boundaries with your mentees and their families
- Gain greater understanding of child sexual abuse and Mandatory Reporting guidelines for all adults who work with youth in the state of Oregon
- Learn from the successes and challenges that experienced mentors have faced
- Understand The Rose Circle’s program requirements and support services offered to our mentors
- Receive answers to your questions about the mentoring experience
- Build confidence as you prepare to start working as a mentor—in a circle or in a one-on-one mentoring relationship
- Volunteer commitment is not required for participation.